Monday 4 September 2017

Two More squished into one!

Hello blog lovers

Another two blogs squeezed into one.  It seems I am doing the running but neglecting my blogging!  But I think I a glad its that way around and not the other way!  So the first one is about my parkrun on Saturday.  I know, right, it's been two days and no blogging about that particular run!  It wasn't particularly fast, I was disappointed with myself, I should have pushed a bit harder!  But I know I tell everyone else that they shouldn't beat themselves up about a run, and I should listen to myself and not beat myself up.  Every run is a good run, as long as we are ot there and not sat on our arses it just has to be good!

I also had forgotten my barcode too!  So that run is not even counted on my parkrun results! Oh well!  That'll teach me!  It was good seeing all my pals there, Tracy and Ade were there before me (even though I did go to their house to pick them up!)  They really have got the bug now, Ade is doing well, getting a pb each time!  LittleJ is back to running, she's just taking it nice and easy, K, Carole, RefMichael, PinkLadyJo, Becky  We are such a great little group of mates now, I just love it!  J.J. was missing, but she will get back to it soon!  And NaggyNeighbour was missing too, but no doubt she will be in a routine soon too!

As soon as the off was given I started running, I pulled away from the girls at the back straight away,  I knew LittleJ was going to take it easy and I didn't want to have any reason for me not to try and push myself today.  Ade started to run with me, but I know that he will be soon pulling away from me, but Becky was there running next to me as well.  For a while it was the three of us just running and chatting together, keeping each other going. Then Ade started to run faster and it was just me and Becky.  We kept each other going.  Choosing goals to run to before we even thought about walking.  We had to get over that first mile though, I was struggling to even run for the first mile, I had developed a stitch!  But I just squeezed it, raised my hand, ignored it, anything to get that first mile done.

Becky kept me going all the way, we both chose places to run to before walking, and then the other one just pushed it just beyond that point.  That is how we ran our parkrun on Saturday.  It wasn't my fastest, and I was disappointed with my run, but the silver lining is that at least it won't show up on my parkrun record!


Todays Solo Run

As you all know by now, my middle daughter is getting married, so I need to lose weight and tone up at the same time, because looking like Ada, (just look at last blog to find out who that is!) is not on my agenda!  So far, since coming back from holiday I have done pretty well!  It's been hard but not so hard that I have cracked under pressure and gorged myself on chocolate!  In fact I am enjoying feeling not bloated!  It feels like I am detoxing from all the stodge and fast I have been eating, and the no drinking feels good too!  But it is only the first week!  I know there has been some weight loss, but I also know that is just because I am not eating to excess like I did when we were on holiday!  

I was thinking that I should have run on Sunday but I know how important rest days are too.  Running is quite high impact on the old limbs, my knees in particular.  I'm no spring chicken anymore so I really just have to remember that and not go to crazy just yet!  But today I needed to go out and run, I was planning on doing it first thing in the morning, unfortunately I really am not a morning person!  I love my sleep, and I still haven't turned on my phone alarms back on.  So I just had to do it as soon as I got back home from working!  

I searched for my Ipod, procrastinating really, I really wanted it though, I need to be able to just listen to some tunes, run along to some perfect beats.  I also decided to do the 'lamppost to lamppost' style running.  Run faster than my usual pace, and have a walk.  I think I did ok!  I know at one time that I looked at my garmin it said 09:??  which I thought was way to fast really!  I know it didn't last long!  I just kept going, running as fast as I could without making myself sick that is, and walking when I got to certain lampposts.  But when I got back to Farringdon Avenue, of course that is the 'road that I dare not stop'.  I still keep to that, and whenever I am running on this road I think about it and smile!  I need silly things like that to keep me going.  

I enjoyed my run today, it was tough, and I felt a little queasy after, I think I must have pushed harder that I thought, I was quite proud of myself, just for that split second mind.  I certainly wouldn't pat myself on my back!  Oh and talking about pat I saw Pat and Paul as I was running along Oxhawth!  I stopped my Garmin just for about 20 seconds to have a quick chat with them!

So geeky stats for my solo run, completely solo, not even the pooch was with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment