Tuesday 19 September 2017

Two Runs to Chat About

Hello blog lovers.

I was a bit busy writing up my blog for the beginners yesterday and I didn't have time to write up about my run yesterday.  So this is a double blog, I shall have to type fast and not watch too much t.v. like I usually do!

Yesterdays run I began just after 6 in the evening, after a very emotional and exciting day wedding dress shopping with my middle child.  I can't tell you just how I enjoyed that morning and afternoon.  It brought back some lovely memories of me and my mum going shopping for my dress, and my daughter looked absolutely beautiful trying on all the dresses.

Anyway, the wedding isn't too far off and I still have a shed load of flabby bits to tame so I ran out to do my usual 3 miler.  I took a slightly different route too, I ran straight up east arm of Oxhawth instead of west arm of Oxhawth.  I want to start making the bit I dare not stop just a little bit longer and the road opposite Farringdon is perfect start!  As I was going to be back down it I might as well run along it in the first place.

So I ran from mine, like I said about 6 ish and straight up Farringdon and over the road to run up the east of of Oxhawth.  I had my music blasting away in my ears.  I think I must try some other 'phones because the ones I have, the ones that hook over my ears still fall out.  I think the next ones I should try are those bone conductor ones,  see if I can keep those in place.

I was thinking about the day I had with y daughter, and how pretty she looked and right there I was feeling so happy, of course more tears then!  Why does that happen!?  I ran up to Turpington, around to Greenway and then back up Magpie Hall Lane.  Running and walking like I do, and just waiting till I get back to the east arm of Oxhawth because from there it's running without any walking!  Next time I shall add on just a little bit more!

I was pleased with the run, I was feeling good and totally focused and determined to lose a bit more weight and tone up us a bit more, ready for the wedding!  Here's my geeky stats.



Club Run.

And so to this evenings run.  It's Tuesday so of course it's club run.  I decided to do a route that I had done before, but I always get it slightly wrong. It's ok, it's just that I have to think on my feet, and make slight alterations!  It makes for an exciting run for all of us.  There is also not preconceptions on how far we had run, and none of the 'I would normally walk around about now' thoughts going on.  I am checking all the time on my Garmin that not running faster than group 1 pace, anyone that wants to run faster can always run to the back of the pack when we do stop for a catchup.  

I took them up Petts Wood Road, it's all up hill, and I thought that was all the hills that we would be doing......as long as I don't go down the wrong road. Well, I never go down the wrong road, I go down the right right just different direction!  And that is what happened this evening,  It meant that when we eventually got to St Johns road I thought turning left would lead me to the road I had in mind, but of course it didn't.   I had to quickly re calculate with the help of Auriol, a new route, which in fact turned out to be a perfect 3 mile route, exactly what we normally do.  I think I managed to get away with that one, even though they noticed the not so flat route I had promised after we had run up Petts Wood Road, Cardiac Hill is notorious, but at least we were going in the opposite direct to the bigger hills!  Hmm, I think I might plot a route taking in a bit of the steeper Cardiac Hill, it's always good to have a challenge, and of course a new route too, just like this evenings new route.  I think all 11 of us enjoyed it.  Tracy and K were sweeping, now I know that both these ladies can run a 5k non stop, they do it regularly at Bromley parkrun.  So as soon as they had caught up then then we carried on running, with only just a little bit of walking done.  It was a great run, and we also had a new comer to PWR, and I think the nice gentle run made it a lot more easier than stepping up to a faster group on the off!

We finished our run and then did our stretches outside the pavilion, 11 group 1 runners went out and 11 came back, smiling!  It was a good run, and to make it even better there was cake on offer!  One of our longest serving members, John had a special birthday and had bought cake along for all those that turned up, or at least the one that managed to get back in time to get some!

Geeky stats. - the pac man route!

No comments:

Post a Comment