Monday 18 September 2017

We Begin The Beginners Again!

Hello blog lovers.

I can't believe we have come around to the second beginners course of the year!  I was so excited about starting the new beginners, I just love it.  A drove over to pick up Tracy, she is going too, to help and encourage all the newbies that will be there.  I couldn't actually get in to the car park, there were quite a few cars there already.  Sherry was there with the clip boards, DavidB, DiscoRich, LittleJ, PhysioMiketheMod and tons of other PWR's all in their vests, well most of them anyway.  It was going to be a good session.

DiscoRich welcomed them all to the first of the Autumn sessions and then handed over to me and Sherry.  We decided that I would take the first one, Sherry do the second, etc, and so that was me!  I don't know why, but I always feel totally nervous standing there in front of all those people, wanting us to make them run 5k!  Well I am sure that later on, the further we go on in the course then they will know that it is all about them getting themselves around a 5k route, because without their willingness, determination, dedication and perseverance then whatever we tell them, won't make them fly around the park this time in a couple of months time!

That is one of the things that I love about doing the beginners, watching them as they realise that they are doing it, they are in control and they will be achieving their goals.  It's a sheer buzz, and that's why I will continue to encourage and do what I can for those that want to start running.

The session on Saturday was quite straightforward and a very gentle start for everyone.  We started off with the two lap walk around the rec at quite a brisk pace and then the drills, to get the muscles loosened up.  Once we were all warmed up we got straight into the session, 5 lots of 1 min run 5 mins walk.  That's all we had to do, 5 reps of walking and running.  I know they will be surprised to find out how quickly that minute goes and how they really could run for longer!  But we don't want to hurry things along like this because injuries can and do occur if you try and push too much too quickly.

The session was over really quickly, and I was still buzzing.....still nervous too, but very happy that  it went really well.  There was someone who had pulled a muscle in the calf, I just hope that it won't put him off.  Exercise is just so good, it's not only good for your body (honest, it really is better for you) but it's also good for your mind, your moods and just about anything else!  You can even pray, talk to the big man up stairs!  I know I do often. I feel sure that the new newbies are going to just enjoy being out their enjoying themselves. %There were 52 people who started on Saturday, some of them are coming back because they didn't finish the last course, injuries, life just got in the way, so they are back to finish what they started.  We also had over 20 PWR's, that was amazing.  I know that all the runners are really pleased to see and chat to our members!

Now it's down to that determination and perseverance, now they need to do the homework, which is to repeat the session that we just done, at least once more during the week!  I know that some of the beginners met up today at the rec to all train together!  The beauty of FaceBook, they can all chat on one site and make arrangements!  Well, I am looking forward to the next session, led by Sherry, and then I can get in among the runners and have a chat with them all!






No comments:

Post a Comment