Thursday 26 October 2017

Blogs! At Least 3!

Hello readers!

Well, it's been a stressful and a happy week or so!  Daughter getting married must be THE highlight of the year!  The wedding went off without a hitch and of course the bride looked gorgeous!  Here, take a look for yourselves!


Before the wedding though, last Thursday on the 19th of October, I managed to get a run with my pals in the morning.  We had a great time, just the 5 of us, I took a picture of us when we got to the little river, here, this is us about half way through our run.

Paula, K, PinkLadyJo, me and Tracy!

I didn't run again until the Saturday morning, the day after the wedding!  I know! Crazy eh!  But it was the beginners session.  I wasn't sure who was going to turn up from PWR's as it's the school holidays, so I just had to be there to make sure they had someone to encourage them.  It was only doing the repeat of the week before, so we ran for 6 minutes and then walked for 2.  There were actually loads of PWR's there, including DiscoRich who was thinking that he would be leading the beginners.  Michael even turned up with his whistle, just in case too!  I tell you, it makes you proud to be part of a great team and a great club, the way we all just muck in and get on and do things!

My next run was of course the club run, I had actually already written a blog about that.  I just wasn't feeling up to trying to remember all about the other runs.  I am still trying to remember what happened on them now!  So now, I am up today!  This mornings run.  It's Thursday, so it's a nice gentle run through the woods.  The weather wasn't too pleasant, we had that fine rain coming down.  I made sure that had my old 'muddy woods' shoes on.

Tracy was with me, I picked her up this morning, and we met up with Auriol and loads of other runners!  But they were all in the faster groups, 1 2 and 3 (for some reason on a Thursday morning, group 1 is the faster group!) I was just going to do a small loop around the woods, I wasn't feeling to well anyway, I think I have a cold starting! Tracy is suffering a little too, with an pain in her leg!

We all left the rec, we were last out and we headed for poo ally.  I took the left path planning to run all the way up Botany Bay lane, rather than going to Goss hill.  I knew that Tracy would be a little behind but we could always do loop backs.  I also make sure I wait at where the path meets other paths, I don't want Tracy getting lost in the woods!

It went well, we had a good run, with a few stops and a great chat.  I do like Thursday morning runs, and I am quite glad I went as this evening the cold bug has taken hold and I feel blimmin rotten now!  Sniffles, sore throat and headache!  Oh well. No track for me this evening, just curling up in my blanket with a lempsip!

Geeky stats for this morning run are not here!  I had forgotten to put turn on my Garmin!  I also had my tee-shirt on back to front and according to Tracy I just looked as if I wasn't 'there'!  And that was just the beginning of the cold!

Oh, and because I don't have any geeky stats, here are some mushrooms we saw on our run last Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment