Thursday 5 October 2017

Solo Run And A Not Solo Run

Hello blog readers.

My daughters wedding is getting nearer and nearer, so much to do and really so very little time!  And getting fit and losing some pounds is still very much high on the list of 'to do's'.  So Wednesday afternoon I had an afternoon spare and so I decided to go for a run.  The weather was just perfect, not too hot or too cold.  I grabbed my tunes after getting my running kit on and was out of the door.  I really needed to run! 

Weddings, well, my kids weddings, always gets me nostalgic.  I was thinking about my own wedding. how my mum came with me to chose my wedding dress (even tho I had to cancel it because of an unexpected little person that I was growing!) We had such a lovely afternoon up in London. I was thinking about it all as I ran around my little 5k route, let me tell you I did get a little emotional!

But I did it, I was pleased I went out, there will be less days to be able to get out and run now as the date gets nearer.  So much to do!

Geeky stats.


Thursday Morning

This morning I had a chance to get out and run with the girls.  I got to the rec around 09:28, I looked at my Garmin as I was walking into the gate.  That's on time in my book!  There were quite a few people there, so it looked as if there will be 3 groups running out this morning.

There were six of us in my group, me, Tracy, LittleJ, K, PinkLadyJo and Paula. I decided to do one of my usual routes through the woods but in the opposite direction, as long as I don't forget to pop out of our woods and cross over the road to head for Scadbury.  

We had some beautiful weather again this morning, well, I should say eventually we had some good weather.  It really threw some rain down about 08:45 ish, just as all the kids have to go to school!  I am so glad that I don't have to do a school run anymore!  By the time it was ready for me to leave the house to head for the rec blue skies had started to appear as the dark rain cloud was heading off to rain on someone else!  By the time I got to the rec the sun was shining.  Which is why we were heading into our woods and not along the Cinder path by Crofton school!  I had made sure I had my old trainers on, just in case it was a bit sticky in the woods, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

We ran through Poo Ally, turned right and headed towards Orpington road.  We ran along the side of the woods until I saw the opening we needed to cross the road and go towards Scadbury.  Then we crossed over the road and ran towards Scadborough.  As we were running through we noticed the excavation site and went over to take a peak.  It's Scadbury Lodge and it's being renovated, but the archeoligcal society had been excavating in the area.  I am not sure what they had found, I think I should try and look it up. The cottage that is there being lovingly restored looks just gorgeous, with a new thatched roof!  Someone is going to be very luch to live in there.

We continued to run through the woods, taking another slight detour to look at another lovely house and then finished our run through Scadbuy.  We had to cross back over the main road and we headed down Manor way, passing the lovely house along there.  Back into our own Petts Woods to finish our run heading down the middle path to Poo Ally!

A lovely run and some lovely friends to run with!  

Geekys stats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment