Tuesday 9 January 2018

Club Run

Hello blog readers.

Tuesday club run, I do love a club run.  I am leading, I hadn't thought about which route to take.  Last week I did the easy route, which is mainly flat, this time I wanted to make it just a bit more challenging.  My thinking is that people will be well into their new years resolutions and will soon be wanted to see results.  I know that I do!  I am the "I've been on a diet for a whole 3 hours, why am I not thinner" or even "Ok, so I ran for 1 minute non stop last week, why am I not running next to Mo!"  We all want instant results, we live in a world of faster planes, faster cars, fast food, fast wifi!  Those things are possible, but faster 'us', thinner 'us' takes time, patience and hard work!  So, it is a bit more of a challenging route, and I kept the pace up the first hill at just under the fastest pace that our group does, so a nice steady 12:40 min/ml.  Perfect.  It's doable for our group, and I am sure that everyone here will enjoy it.  Of course we have our stops so that we can all catch up, then faster runners can do loop backs,  run to the back of the group and  come back up to the front.  Well, it's still early days, even for me!  Maybe next week I should lead by example!

With the first hill done, we didn't hit another hill until we were on the last mile back.  So from the top of the hill, just before the round about on Petts Wood Road it was all just nice and flat with a an ever so gentle slope down as we headed towards Petts Wood high street!  There was one young lady who was more than capable of going into the next group, but she just wanted to do one more week in group 1, probably just to boost a little bit more confidence, but I think she is most certainly ready to move on to the next group.  I feel that after just a few weeks in group 1 with the newbies they will soon be wanting to move up to the next group.  Everyone has had a good run, and it was good to have J.J. back in our midst, even with the rain! Our J.J. doest usually come out in the rain, I think she made a special effort today as its Caroles birthday!  Carole is recovery from surgery and was with us in group 1 today, and Tracy and K were there, doing a brilliant job of sweeping.  Auriol made up the rest of our usual group 1 posse, my team!  There were 13 of us in all, Pherenice joined us as well, she to is recovering from surgery!  Now, this is a club!  How many other clubs have as many groups as ours or even cater rehab, total beginners and lapsed runners back into the fold? Not many, right! 

Me, well, I felt pretty good.  My legs were not too sore, my lungs seem to be better (I think they are healing after all that smoking).  Let me tell you, don't smoke!  I've tried it.  I got slower, sluggish, and it felt harder.  My running, I think, is beginning to feel a lot nicer!  I was going to say easier, but as I have always said, it never gets easier, why I don't know!  But today, my running felt nicer!  Weired I know, but it's they only way I can describe it!

I am looking forward to my next run!  Oh and I am still doing the 'roll out of bed and do exersies' thing too, I am doing five disciplines, planks, squats, sit ups, lunges, push ups.  I over did the fist couple of days, and really hurt my abs!  My daughter suggested to me a few days ago to do one of each and then on the second day to do two, and the third to do three.....etc.  As it was the 4th of January when she told me I decided to start from 5 of each!  It still blimmin hurts, but I want to continue, I will continue!  Especially now that I know I have abs in here somewhere, cos they blimmin hurt!

Anyway, here's my geeky stats.  I forgot to stop my Garmin when I got back to the rec, but I edited the geeky stats to read the correct miles and times!  I wish Garmin could allow you to take off bits of your route, for such occasions as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment