Tuesday 30 January 2018

Colourful Club Run!

Hello blog readers.

I was looking forward to my run this evening, I am afraid I had over done the relaxing bit today!  Getting up late, lunch with the  FavouriteMiddleChild and the pooch!  We even had a pudding!  It was so good! So I really did need to run, also there is this up and coming half marathon in a couple of months too!  So hills are the name of the game today.

I didn't have to pick anyone up today, Naggy wasn't running, Tracy wasn't running, so I just drove straight to J.J.'s house to walk to the rec with her.  She has got some shoe lights for some of the ladies in group 1, we are going to look so colourful as we run around the streets of Petts Wood!  I remembered to take a picture of us all before we left the rec, here, take a look.


As usual we gave our announcements for each of the groups, and then we all went to our spots to wait for the gatherings!  I had ten of us in group 1, a great number for a damp, chilly January night!  My route was to go to St Georges Road, and then along to Chislehurst Road.  I should have looked at my maps, as I completely forgot which way I went last time.  I was just a tad confused, but I was in the right direction.  Anyway, after our count up we started our run, a nice gentle start, just to warm up at first, then I hoped to pick up the speed at bit, just to see what we can get out of ourselves.

Our first hill was going up Petts Wood road till we get to Ladywood Avenue. It was then that I started to think, "Hmmm, I really didn't need to get the group to run up here!"  I won't tell them, I won't say anything, I will get to St Georges road from here.  The thing is, I couldn't quite remember which way it was and Selena told me how to get to St. Georges, so much for me getting away with them not noticing.  Still, we have done an extra hill that really didn't need to be there, Petts Wood Road!

I ran up to the top of that road with a couple of other group 1's, Gemma and K.C. and I think Carole made it up there in one go.  We waited for the back sweepers to get up to us, which was J.J. and Auriol today, as Tracy and K were not here.

I followed Selenas directions to St Georges after running along Ladywood, and now when I look at my geeky stats, I realise where I had went wrong,  I should have actually ran up Willet way instead!  Oh well, we love a challenge!  The group was keeping together quite nicely, we had to have catch ups stops, but when we were running we were running at 12:30 m/mi which is the top end of our group pace!  I was quite proud of them all. 

I wasn't taking the group back to the rec yet, so after we had run along St Georges Road we turned left and then ran along St. Johns Road to Chislehurst Road.  We turned right to run along to Crofton Road.  More hills, only ever so slightly undulating, but it is a great work out!  We all got to the Off License and had a catch up and little breather.  Just one more mile to go from here, if we go under the bridge, but I wanted to take them along the high street and over the walking bridge.  It's a lot nicer anyway, then we can run along to Towncourtt and down Kingsway, one more hill to finish, but a nice downhill one!

It was a good run, I enjoyed it, and I am sure everyone else did too.   Heres our geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment