Thursday 1 February 2018

I Didn't Wanna Do It, I Didn't Wanna Do It!

Hello blog readers.

It's double day again today and I managed to get the two runs in. I really was feeling it, but I did it.  Even this evenings run I wasn't feeling it, but I am glad I went out. The first was this mornings run with the group 1er's at 09:30.  The usual 8 runners were there, IllustriousLeader, Tracy, K, PinkLadyJo, Auriol and Paula.  We went somewhere different last week and I decided to go somewhere different today!  I have been meaning to do run around Jubilee park for some time now, but after the railway pulled the bridge down I had to wait for over a year to be able to do this route.  It's the route that we had done when we had a mob match last year, only this time we are starting from the rec, I am hoping that it will be about 5k from the rec, do the loop only once and then back to the rec.  Then come summer time I can take them all this way!

Of course, it was raining, and there for a bit sticky, actually is was a lot blimmin sticky!  It was a slow slog through the mud and in hindsight I should have gone along the road  to Little Thrift and then tuck into the park from there.  I like going over the 3 bridges though and I was looking forward to using the new bridge!  I took the group through Dog Poo Ally and then the left path that runs along side the rail lines.  Oh my goodness, so sticky and muddy!  I was loving it but it's not everybodys cup of tea!  I had my tatty old trainers on, the ones that are ready to be scrapped as soon as I get a new pair of trainers......or do I buy myself some trail shoes as well as some new trainers!  I shall have a serious think about that!

The new bridge looked lovely and sparkly new, I took a picture of us all on there,  well, Kay took this one with me in it,  there was no place to put my phone to grab a self timer picture, blimmin new bridge!  marshaled by our lovely PWR's during the mob match!  IllustriousLeader, I am sure, will be able to remember too, as well as some of the other ladies too, between us we will get around it!
l to r
Carole, Ariol, me Illustrious Leader
Paula, PinkladyJo and Tracy
(K was takaing pic)
But at least now we have our connection back from Little Thrift to Jubilee park! And now comes the tricky bit, I wasn't quite sure of the route, last time I did this route it was

It was a great run, I was really enjoying it, even all that mud, I ran when I could and when it was just to slippy then I walked!......Blimey, I sound like Forrest Gump!  "When I was hungry, I ate, when I was tired I slept, and when I had to.....you know... I went!"  And that was our run this morning!  It was only that first bit, in Petts Wood that was the most stickiest, some parts in Jubilee park was very wet and muddy too, but at least there was a way around these bits!  I really enjoyed my run through the park, so did IllustriousLeader and the rest of the girls!  I can't wait to do this in the summer with group 1, I am sure they are going to enjoy it to.  I decided that we would not run back over the the bridge though and continue along Tent Pet Lane and the then go through the car park over the bridge!  It turned out to be a perfect 3.21 miles!  I just hope I will be able to remember it for the summer months,  I may have to do this route a couple more times on a Thursday morning!

Here's our geeky stats.



And now to our track session.  PhysioMikeTheMod wasn't there today, but he had trained up a fantastic coach for us from last week, ActingHeadCoachPear!  I wonder if she will be as tough as PMTM!  We did our usual warm up 10 mins running, and then the session started.  For the faster runners they had to run around, well loads more than me, I had to do 2x1200, 2x800 and then 2x400 with the rest in between or 90 seconds.  Already in my head I was thinking to myself, "Well I did go out running this morning" meaning "I may not do as well as I should do" I wonder if that is what Naggyneighbour was talking with the whole chocolate biscuit's thing?  Getting to track this evening was a blimmin mission.  I was all set, raring to go, I told the Old Boy that I was going out, he told me that it's cold and wet out!  But I was still determined to go.  I text Naggy to see if she was going "It's pouring down" she said.  I hadn't actually seen it out side, "So, you're not made of sugar" I said back to her.  Well, that's all that it took "Ok, yes we are going running" she sent back to me.  It was only then that I had noticed just how hard it was raining outside! "Oh darn it!" I thought, it's really pouring outside!  But I had made Naggy agree so I had to go through with it.

I got ready for a wet run, so did Naggy.  By the time we were ready to go it had stopped raining!  No time to dress differently now, I just had to go with what I had on.  We drove to Normans Park track and paid our £4.20 to use the track.  We walked up to the top of the track to be met by our club.  It' was then that we found out that PMTM wasn't there today, but JuniouCoachPear and me 'put in charge' of encouragement and motivation, she was ActingHeadCoachPear today!  She did such a great job last week I am sure she will rise to the very important role with total ease!

I started my Garmin up for the 10 min warm up lap, I am recording as muc as I can today.  I had a feeling I want to record every inch I take!  We were soon ready to start,  Naggy and Michele said that they would run with me on the warm up lap, but they were always just a little a head of me, I was working hard to keep up with them, but not so hard that I would have been to knackered to enjoy doing the session.  The ten minutes tempo run done and now for the session.

It was tough going, I completed the first two 1200's.  I had a stitch on that last lap and I was really trying to push hard on myself.  I was even telling myself to move, "Come on, come on, keep going" .  With every passing of CoachPear I got a great encouraging "Go Old Girl, you doing good"  I think she was even doing some cheer leading moves as she did a handstand to go with it!  I was just so pleased that the two long laps had done,  the rest of the group were already on their 4x800's that's what they had to do, they were so going to be finished before me, even with me doing less laps than them.  That's when Naggy said maybe only do one 800 and then do the two 400.  Yep, I think that would work, so that's what I did.

I was knackered.  I really wanted to slow down, at one point on that last lap I could feel my calf getting tired, I could feel it just starting to cramp up.  I wasn't going to like that, no way!  I just slowed down a bit while it subsided.  I was pretty sure that I sorted it before it got worse.  I picked up the speed again and just kept going.  I had remembered to do that whole lap thing on my Garmin, there is a bit (lap 2) where I got a bit confused and I had forgotten to turn it on again on one of the laps, but I only missed out about 100 meters.  But if you look at them splits, it's not so bad.  Each 1200 was more or less the same, (I was quicker on the second) I only done 1 800 and then those last two 400's were more or less the same too!  Yup, I am pleased with, I am not sure if that is good or not, keeping the same pace, but I felt pleased.!

Here's the geeky  stats for this session!  Oh and by the way, me and CoachPear, well we did the cool down stretches at the end!

2 comments: