Tuesday 13 March 2018

Club Run - Pieces of Eight!

Hello blog readers.

The rain had managed to stay away for our run this evening, thank goodness, it was still a rather mild night, I was glad that I only put on two layers!  I knew there were a few ladies missing today, our LittleJ is missing permanently from club runs these days, but thankfully we still get to see her at parkrun.  J.J. is looking after Kirsty and Carole is suffering too.  But Auriol is back!  She was a bit nervous of coming back to running but she needn't have been, she done so well! So we had 8 lovely ladies in the group this evening,.

I had planned the route to include a couple of hills, we need hills to improve ourselves, apparently!  I still have a love hate relationship with them!  NaggingNeighbour wasn't coming running today so I picked up Tracy and then drove on to where the rec is.  I popped into to see J.J. and then looking at her clock Tracy thought we only had five minutes to get to the rec!  So we said our good byes and went to the rec.  We had a bit of a warm up run to the rec.  Tracy really put a bit of a spurt on too!  When we got there I had noticed after a couple of minutes that we were actually early! Oh well, the warm up was quite nice.

I gave out our route for the evening and then waited until everyone else had done the same.  With all 11 groups done (group 12 meet up half hour earlier) and gathered we waited till everyone had gone, more or less and the we started on our run.  It included a few small inclines!  Just a few at most! The first one is Birchwood.  We've not done this little incline for a while and I just pushed on up it.  We shall take a breather at the top and wait for the sweepers.  It was happily surprised to see the the second pair of ladies up the hill happened to have Auriol in it!  I think she was pleasantly surprised too, she was thinking that she was going to be sweeping along and trying to keep up, but her fitness level hasn't gone down that much!  Brilliant.

My group was running pretty well actually, the front runners were not that far behind and we didn't have to wait too long before they had caught up at the top of the hill.....er incline!  We turned left and crossed over the road, now we were going passed the houses with the fantastic lights shades well, chandeliers actually, but oh my goodness they are stunning! The other house has a move contemporary feel, not so ostentatious!

We just that cheeky little hill to get over we headed for Kevington Drive.  I always think of that bit as fairly down hill, but of course it has that little hill to get over!  It's a brilliant route to do for us in group 1 who like a bit of  a challenge!  It's been a while for me to get to wanting to do some hills, even if they are very small and short ones.

We got to Kevington drive and by that time I had developed a stitch, I had tried the whole holding on it to make it go, breathing in through the nose and puffing out, stretching it!  It didn't go, I just decided to give it a little rest.  Serves me right for having a  Sainsburys curry for lunch a little later that I should have done!  It didn't shift doing any of those things, I had the faster runners running up the hill twice, while I watched and waited for the back runners to get to us.  By that time the stitch wasn't as bad but it was still there.  There is only one thing left to do and that's to.......ignore it!  I feel it will go away on its own. So I hit the hill like it was as flat as a pancake.....almost anyway,  I did attack it, as I had the others running it twice and I was only doing it once!

We ran back along the road we that came along and on to the main road.  Straight down to the round about.  Before we got there we saw another group coming out of the turning that takes you to Tillingbourne Green, another cheeky hill, which could quite possibly be our next weeks route!  I love a hill......not.......but hills....are......our .......friends! Right?!    They gave us a little round of applause.  So now just this last little push to the roundabout and then the lovely down hill section that goes to Crossways!  I decided to go down here as we had not made up the time to do this extra bit.  Seems strange to me really as it felt it was a lot quickly..... weird eh?

We got to the rec and I had noticed that my Garmin said 2.90 miles, well I couldn't have that, I had to make it up to 3.00 miles.  I think those that had gone up the hill twice could quite possibly have managed to do the 3 miles, but my Garmin was showing 2.90. Nope  that wasn't happening so I ran around the car park to 'fill in the gap'.

It was a lovely run, and it was lovely to have Auriol back, she seems to have really enjoyed her run and is so pleased to be back!  Keep on running everyone keep on running!

Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment