Tuesday 6 March 2018

Snows Gone!

Hello blog readers.

It's been snow joke that there has been no running for over a week.  We are just not used to it, we can not cope with it and we just come to a stand still when the cold white stuff falls from the sky!  It put paid to running, especially for club running and parkruns!  I guess I could have tried t do a solo run in the mornings, but really, I am just not good at staying on m feet if I start slipping all over the place!

Anyway, here we are post snow and everyone is keen to get back out there.  As Joanne said on a post on Facebook, "I've been eating like its Christmas"  I know exactly just how she felt.  If there was anything to eat in the house I was eating, I think everyone felt like there were 'snowed in'.  I do know I was going stir crazy!  There have also been a few of us off  with the dreaded flu too!  It's been very poor running for at least two weeks!  So to ease us all back into it and because it's move up Tuesday, I chose our easy route, while our sweepers were on a total 'go slow' as its was these two lovely ladies, K and Tracy, that had the flu bug!

I can't tell you have good it felt though, standing out in the front of all our running buddies in the club, describing where we were going to run and at what speed.  It was just brilliant.  I really have missed my running!.......Oooo, and there it is, my running mojo making an appearance!  Lets hope it stays around for some solo running! We had to wait just a little longer than usual for K, she told us she would be just a tad late, and so there nine of us in our group this evening, all raring to go.

I was going to be taking it nice and easy, as gentle and as friendly as possible.  Get us all back into the frame of mind of running.  In the faster groups if they miss a week or two, then they would think about dropping down a group to recover, we in group 1 are it! So i just drop the pace to as slow as I can but also to keep it as enjoyable for the faster runners as I can.  It's a balancing act.  The offer of loop backs is always there.

We bumped into group 4 when we came across the walking bridge the first time round. They were having their catchup stop exactly where we have our catch up stops.  It's a 'natural' stop as I call them.  And we had a few 'natural stops' on our route today, stopping at every road crossing, whether it was a short run or a longer run.  but we stopped and let the back runners catch up.

When we got all the way along Crescent drive and to the end of Shepperton we saw another group, not quite sure what group there were in. It seemed everyone was staying local today.  I decided to go a slightly different way to the rec, and we turned left to go through Petts Wood high street and back over the bridge.  I was going to check the time when we got over the other side of the troll bridge.  If we had time then we were going to go the long way round, but we didn't have enough time so we were going to do next longest route, down Towncourt Crescent and then Crossways.  The best bit is that it was all down hill!  Fabulous, a little treat for us all for a great 'get back to running' club run.

Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment