Monday 9 April 2018

Beginners Week 4

Hello blog readers.

It's a bit late, but I am working backwoods with my blogs, (Thursdays will follow shortly).  It was our week 4 session the Saturday just gone, and we were running for longer, walking less!  There were a few people there that needed convincing that they can do it, there were a few "I don't think I can do this", I knew they could do it!

RefMichael was leading this session, he was ready with his whistle and drills.  ZippySherry was, again, being our moving cones.  There were about 25 beginners there and just a handful of PWR's, which is quite understandable as it was our mob match at Hoblingwell on Saturday! But there were enough of us to encourage and to talk to everyone there.

The walk around the park and you can see that the beginners are doing it with a bit more confidence, the chatting that is going on, what I could hear, was about their homework and how they are doing!  It's so good to hear them being enthusiastic.  Now, we just need to transfer that into the 4 minutes running session.  Kneesman and his partner were back, still with his knees out, and Jenny and her dad were there too.  I ask a couple of ladies their names, but do you think I can remember, I think one was called Hannah!  I should exercise my brain as well as my body I think! (have I said that before?) The drills done, I know everyone loves doing these, the silly walks, the skipping happily, childlike to the ZippySherry cone. Hey, come on, how often do us adults get to skip along like the kids do, it's so liberating, isn't? I does remind me Michael McIntyre routine about adults skipping!  Wouldn't it be so cool if we could all just skip along to where ever we need to be!  If you don't know what I am talking about, I am sure it's on YouTube somewhere.
`
Anyway, the time for the running begins.  RefMichael said "Ready, steady, go!" and we all start running, then he blows his whistle!  Hmm, that means my Garmin is going to slightly out because I pushed my garmin on the word go, and he pushed his on the whistle! The first 4 minutes running is always the hardest.  It takes a good ten or even more minutes for your body to realise what you are asking it to do!  If you are not used to running and have just started to do this exercise thing then your body will complain!  Your breathing is going to be all over the place, that's without a doubt.  Your muscles will complain, but you push through that, you tell yourself, "I can do this" and you will be surprised! 

Getting beside some of the runners and chatting to them is what I love doing.  Seeing how they are progressing, trying to ease their fears just as Illustrious Leader and others had done and still do for me now, makes it all worthwhile. The reps kept coming, the smiles were still there.  It was getting harder but everyone was determined to do their best!  Having most of those who started still here is amazing!  Running with people helps immensely, for a start it helps that you don't want to let anyone else down.  It's why I try and encourage everyone to chat to each other, you make friends and want to keep on coming to see how everyone else is doing.  Keeping a routine is what keeps you running.  From this moment on, Saturdays at 9 am is when you run.  You build your Saturdays around that. "Mum, can we go swimming?" answer "Yes, when I come back from running" "Honey, can I have a cooked breakfast?" answer "Yes, dear, get ready and I shall be back at 10" "We're going on holiday!" answer "Ok, let me pack my running shoes"  But seriously, Saturday mornings, for me, is all about running at 9.

The session was over, people feeling relived, satisfied and amazed that actually they did it!  Of course all of us in PWR knew they could to it! I took a few photos of them running this time, as you can see.....there are quite a few smiles!







No comments:

Post a Comment