Tuesday 3 April 2018

Club Run - It's Getting Lighter!

Hello blog readers

Club run and I'm leading, it's also move up Tuesday!  As we don't have anyone from a lower group to accommodate I like to, instead, try and push just a little harder on the group 1er's who haven't moved up!  Generally if they are normally at the back then get to the front to run!  I only actually thought of that when Tracy said it to me, just as we were coming down the last bit of our route!  If only I had thought of that, I could have tried to help them stay at the front!  It's a thought for next time!

On move up week I always do our easy, introductory (is that a word?) route.  The route that I use for when the beginners first come to club run.  Or if I know that I have some injured runners coming back to the fold!  It's a fairly flat and straight forward route, apart from the cheeky incline at the beginning.  But it's always a very 'feel good' incline.....knowing that is the last of the steep hills! The Other inclines are kind of hidden on longer roads instead!

I was quite surprised to see how many of us in group1 this evening, I knew there were some moving up to group 2.  If I only had one in my group I was going to persuade who ever it was to run in group 2!  But seven of us is a good number.  So we started our run, out of the gate and then turn right, down to Kingsway and then right again to tackle the only real 'hill' on our route. I could see it was going to be a group of 2 halves, I am going to be running back and forth keeping us all together!  It's just as well as I have this little run to do at the weekend.

We got through to the other side of the rail lines and then we ran around Crestview Drive.  The group was split again so I did the loop back to the sweepers at the back.  When we crossed over the road Auriol said that I should go ahead and then loop back while she kept the group together.  I think I did one my loop back and then decided that I would have the catchup wait instead! 

When we were running along Crescent Drive we saw group 4 coming along.  Joanne from this group said that she wanted to come along with us in to get back to the rec. she had got herself a nasty pinched nerve, and so wanted to run a bit slower! Joanne had asked if we were going to run along to the end, and then she said that she was going to run along to the end and then wait for us to get there.  I said that would be fine, but after she had gone I suddenly remembered that we usually run down Shepperton Road, the last right turn before the end of Crescent Drive!  So I had to come up with another route as we had to run down to the end to meet up with Joanne.

I came up with a new route, it included running along the roads that most of us hate running along for some reason.  It's because it's long and undulating! I haven't taken the group along here for a while, and although I don't like this route I was looking forward to it! Strange I know!  So we ran along Petts Wood high street and back over the walking bridge.  I gave the option of the shorter route but everyone was up for the longer one.  We then saw group 3 coming along, they were heading down  Kings Way, they had finished their run! 

To be honest I quite enjoyed going along these roads again.  It's two little hills that makes your want to do some sprints up, just to see if you can do it.  But my group was splitting again, so I left Auriol and Joanne lead them back, J.J. was running really well with the two other ladies whose names I can never remember (as usual).  so I thought I would go back and encourage K and Tracy to push just a little bit more!.  I had a feeling they didn't want me there "Isn't good we have one on one with the Old Girl" Tracy had said with probably too much of a hint of sarcasm there.  The answer probably had just as much sarcasm too! Hmm, anyone would think they didn't want my help!

The run ended and everyone had a great time, including K and Tracy, and so did Joanne too!  I love club run's, yup, it's one of the better decisions that I have done over the years, to join this brilliant club!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment