Tuesday 17 April 2018

Club Run - Nice And Easy

Hello blog readers.

This evenings run was a much needed run, I should have gone for a solo run yesterday but I wasn't really feeling it!  I will try again tomorrow!  So this evening I thought I would add in a couple of little hills and do the Kevington loop.  It's a nice one!  I can't wait for the lighter evenings though, get back into the woods for a lovely evening woody run!  I think all of my group is just waiting to get in there too!

There were only 7 of us in group 1 today, J.J. Tracy and Kay as sweepers, Trish, Chris and one of our newbies from this springs beginners course, Helen.  She has come to try us out!  I am sure she will do fine!  If she has got to week 5 then there will be no problem that she will be able to run with us in group 1! 

Already, all grouped up, all counted and ready for the off.  We ran out of the gate turned left to the end of the road and then turned right to go up Birchwood!  The thing is, group 2 were also going up this hill, not only that but group 3 were also going up this hill!  So there were were, 3, 2, 1, all of us running up to the top!  First out in front was group 3, then it was 2 followed by us in group 1.  We were keeping pace with group 2 as we ran up, those of us at the front of group 1.  We could see G3 as they reached the top of the hill just taking a breather.  G2 crossed over the road and took a breather on the other side of the road.  We were still getting to the top!  Then both G1 and G2 turned left, the exact same way I was heading!  How strange is that!  Ruth showed me her map a bit earlier when we were listening to the leaders, it's slightly different to mine, but same area, WendyLC in G3 took her group this way too!  None of us had communicated to each other about our routes this evening, it just happened this way!  Strange eh!

Getting up the hill was a bit of a struggle I must admit, but I did it in one go!  We waited for the sweepers to get to us and then ran in the direction that the two other groups went in!  We carried on to Marlings Park and then did the Kevington loop, the head bit of our K9 route.  It is a cute route, when you see it on the map, it really does resemble K9 from Dr. Who, just check out this pic and then the geeky stats at the bottom.
I didn't do any reps on the cheeky hill but I did ask if any of the others wanted to do it! They also declined! 

Trish and Helen wanted to stretch their legs a bit once we got back on the main road, so they ran at their own pace along to the roundabout.  We waited there until the sweepers got to us, and then the lovely down hill section to Crossways.  Now because I hadn't do an reps on the cheeky little hill I was missing a few yards from my geeky stats.  I needed to make it up to 3 miles!  Normally I would run up to the top of the hill and then down Kingsway, but we just didn't have the time to do that particular route, I knew we had to run all the way into the rec this time to make it up to the 3 miles.  We did that but still not quite enough distance, so I led all those that wanted the full 3 miles around the car park, and then up along the patio and just around the side of the pavilion!  Dead on 3 miles!  That looks so much better on my watch than 2.82!  I can't stop a run at that ridiculous number can I.

So 3 miles done, a great bunch of athletes to enjoy my run with!  Here are thos geeky stats!  See what I mean about K9!

No comments:

Post a Comment