Tuesday 10 April 2018

Club Run - Post Half Marathon

Hello blog lovers

This evenings run was going to be interesting!  I wasn't quite sure how my legs were going to hold out.  All day yesterday I was suffering with aches and pains, my toes were aching and felt like they were bruised. It felt like lead was poured into my legs over night. This morning however, I felt quite different.  My legs felt like they belonged to me again, my toes still hurt, but that was to be expected.  My back didn't hurt and I could walk around easily!  "Meh, it's only a half marathon" I thought, "I can do that again".  Invincible, that's what we think we become athletes!  If we get away with not doing any damage to ourselves then we just go ahead and book another race!  Luckily I already have a race booked up!  It's in a couple of weeks, after the London Marathon!  So back to club run.  I planned to do the easy route, just for me really, but I know that the others like doing the easy route!  No doubt I will get some ribbing about taking in nice and easy today, due to the fact that I don't need to push out hard anymore!  I am sure secretly they love a challenge, but they just don't want to tell me that in case I do too many challenges!

I had 8 in my group today, the usual group.  I shall have to get to know the names of the other ladies that are in my group, I know they have told me before, but it takes me ages to remember names!  After we had gathered together and the count up of course, we were ready to go running.  The weather was just perfect, not cold, not raining just perfect.  I think I will enjoy this run!  We set off out of the gate and turned right and then right again to go up our only hill, Kingsway!  I couldn't believe how my legs were feeling!  I kept waiting for the aches and pains to kick in.  The usual breathing being out of sync was there off course, but as for energy in my legs and the rest of me, it felt pretty good.  Maybe a bit later in the run I will feel it!

Over the bridge we went on to Southborough Lane.  We saw Naggy's group go past us, I think that was group 5.  While we were regrouping one of the other groups came up the same road that we just did, it was group 4.  I think the last time I did this route they did the similar route and we kept on bumping into each other.  Well guess what?! Exactly the same thing happened!  We bumped into them again when we had run up Shepperton Road!

From there we ran to the off-license.  I started then to feel my legs and ankles just hurting a bit.  Well, It's obvious really!  You can't push your body 13 miles without moaning a bit!  And boy was it moaning!  Well, actually not to badly, but just enough for me to take a walking break and let the others catch up while the front runners ran to the off-license.  We ran over the bridge and then crossed over the bridge ready to run along Beaumont.  This road is a good road once you are warmed up.  I was chatting away to the front runners just enjoying the running keeping a good pace going too. Not too fast, not too slow, nice and steady.  I felt totally comfortable and I know the ladies did too as they were chatting away and not even realising that we had near come to the end of the road!

We had a catch up and waited for J.J. Auriol, Tracy and K.  and then we just had the last two roads to do, Tudor way and Crossway!  It was just perfect, a great run, and although my legs were feeling it a little I felt like I really could do it again!  I think I am going to enjoy the Ladies run in a couple of weeks!

So our geeky stats for my post half marathon race!




No comments:

Post a Comment