Sunday 29 April 2018

Finish for Matt!

Hello blog readers

I am way behind with my blogging, but there are a few runs that I really want to log!  This is one of them.  I will also add a picture or two from another Thursday morning run in here too, some one was very kind to take a couple of shots of some of our Thursday morning runs a few weeks ago!

But this last Thursday was dedicated to Matt Campbell, the master chef contestant who ran the London Marathon this year!  It's a sad thing that he died doing the run in the memory of his dad!  He was running to raise money for the Brathay Trust!  Well, he didn't reach his goal on the marathon, but my goodness his charity page hit the bell and then continued to fly sky high!

Our Thursday morning group really wanted to do something to acknowledge a fellow runner!  So our morning run was dedicated to him, we finished off his marathon, 3.7 miles.  we had to do some of the right side path again to get it in, but we did it.

We chatted, we laughed and we ran as best as we could, because that's what we do on a Thursday, we chat and have a great time running! When we popped out of the woods, I was checking my Garmin all the time, I didn't want to do over 3.7 miles, I didn't want to do less.  It had to be precisely 3.7 miles which got us just out on the pavement opposite Towncourt Lane.  Wendimoo suggested that we should just stop, and give one minutes silence.  For that last minute I kept my Garmin running, the last minute of our Thursday Morning run was all for Matt.  Oh and just as we were standing there, in silence, PhysioMikeTheMod came by and called out "Hi" as we was out on his morning run!

This picture is us lot, almost at the end of our run, with the fanatic blue bells looking gorgeous.




Here is a couple of other pictures of another Thursday morning run, to to let you all know, that we have been running and when I haven't been running then of course  these ladies have!





1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thing to do for a fellow runner.

    ReplyDelete